Welcome back to this month’s blog series: Healthy Restaurant Picks!
The last two weeks focused on restaurants that are quick and easy. Week One featured Fast Food, and last week featured Sandwich and Deli-Style Restaurants.
In our final two posts, we’ll look at sit-down restaurants. Today features All-American foods, and next week will feature Ethnic and Italian foods. Under each list, you’ll see a Pinterest-friendly summary that can be saved for later.
Remember: Homemade and simple is best, but these options will help you stay on track if a restaurant meal is in your plans.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Black Bean Soup
- Pepper-Crusted Sirloin & Whole Grains
- Thai Shrimp Salad
- Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken
- BEFit Breakfast (Egg whites, Tomato slice, Multigrain hotcakes, and Fruit)
- Cup of Beef Vegetable Soup + Side Salad with light dressing
- Half Wildfire Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Breast Dinner with Green Beans and Carrots
- Potato-Crusted Flounder with Steamed Broccoli and Fresh Fruit
- Grilled Steak Medallions
- French Country Salad with Vinaigrette
- Seared Tuna Tataki Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Veggie Burger with a Green Salad
- White Chicken Chili
*All items above are featured on the Skinnylicious® menu.
- Good Morning Breakfast (Egg whites, Cheese grits, Fresh fruit, Sliced tomato, and Turkey sausage)
- Apple N’ Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Southern Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (No deviled eggs or croutons)
- Pecan Crusted Catfish with Green Beans and Mixed Green Side Salad (Balsamic herb vinaigrette or fat-free Italian dressing)
- Apple Cider BBQ Chicken Breast with Steamed Broccoli and Sweet Baby Carrots
- Cup of New England Clam Chowder
- Wood-Grilled Shrimp Tacos (No slaw on top)
- Broiled Wild-Caught Flounder with side of Broccoli
- Maple-Glazed Chicken with Garden Salad
- Lighthouse Garlic Grilled Shrimp
STEAK ‘N SHAKE
- Grilled Chicken Salad with light dressing
- Bowl of Vegetable Soup
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Small Garden Salad (Light Italian dressing)
- Single Steakburger (Remove half the bun) with side of Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Ring
- Cup of Texas Red Chili
- Grilled Shrimp Appetizer (Request as entree; no bread) with House Salad (Light dressing)
- Sirloin Combo: 8 oz. Sirloin with Grilled Shrimp (Split with another person at your table!); Sides of Fresh Vegetables and House Salad (Light dressing; no croutons)
- Oven-Roasted Half Chicken (Set one piece of meat aside for a carryout box or split with another person); Sides of Green Beans and Sautéed Mushrooms