I’m so excited to have Jamie Carie visiting my blog today! I first met Jamie at a conference two years ago. And if memory serves me correctly, we met in front of the mirror in the powder room. (A girl’s gotta make sure her hair stays put, right? :)) Anyway, she was so sweet to a scared rookie like me. (I also happened to be a bit star-struck since I’d just read her book Snow Angel and loved it.)
Revealing secrets of the Kingdom, one story at a time… Jamie Carie is an inspirational romance novelist. She is the author of Snow Angel, a USA News Book winner for Best Romance, a ForeWord Magazine award winner and a RITA Awards® finalist. Her third novel, Wind Dancer, was a 2010 Indiana State Library Best Books of Indiana finalist. Jamie lives in Indianapolis, Indiana, with her husband and three boys. You can read about her books at www.jamiecarie.com.
Welcome, Jamie! Let’s get to the questions…
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Optimist, Encourager, Organized, Emotional, Introvert, Curious, Intuitive
1) Trail blazer or Rule follower? Trail blazer. I get easily bored and like to try new things. I’m also a stereotypical Preacher’s Daughter who strains against rules!
2) Niagara Falls or Cozumel, Mexico? Cozumel, Mexico for sure! I love the beach!
3) How you met your husband: Love at first sight or Grew into love? Grew into love. He was the nice guy and it took me awhile to wise up and stop going after bad boys.
4) High heels or Cute flats? High heels! I adore shoes and think of them as art.
5) Chocolate chip cookies or Oatmeal raisin? Oatmeal raisin but really the only sweet I like is cheesecake.
6) Dogs or cats? Dogs. The only cats we have ever had have loved my hubby. He’s the cat whisperer around here.
7) The Sound of Music or My Fair Lady? Tough one! I guess My Fair Lady. It’s the classic story of transformation.
That is a tough choice, isn’t it, Jamie? I’m not even sure I could answer my own question. 🙂 I must say I’m impressed with your ability to avoid all sweets except cheesecake. I wish I had that skill. *sigh* And how fun to learn how you met your hubby. It seems like we all have to cycle through a few bad ones before we realize what’s right in front of our noses. 🙂
Thanks so much for being my guest today! I enjoyed getting to know you better.
The Guardian Duke
“Someday I will meet you and see your face.”
Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the king to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But the heart-driven Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment. Believing her parents are still alive, she travels to faraway lands to follow clues that may lead to their whereabouts.
Gabriel, pressured by the king’s ulterior motives, pursues Alexandria across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.
When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure begins to pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.
“Jamie Carie takes readers on a passionate, unique, unforgettable adventure. The characters will steal your heart and keep you awake nights!”
-Laura Frantz, author of The Colonel’s Lady
“An irresistible regency chase that will tease, taunt and steal your heart.”
-Julie Lessman, award-winning author of The Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change series.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…Which would you choose between The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady? What’s your favorite musical of all time?
*leaf photo by Twigy Posts