We’ve all been there, right? We open the front cover of a book and settle in to the first page. Then next thing we know, we’ve read the entire book without a break…and one sniff reminds us of our lack of a shower.
I recently read my friend Jody Hedlund’s second book, The Doctor’s Lady (I’m pictured with Jody and her book above). Talk about a page turner. If it’s possible, I loved it even more than her first, The Preacher’s Bride. Jody has this way of creating compelling characters and plots that make me stay up way later than I should. (Which also means she owes me a month’s worth of Starbucks. Just sayin’.)
Anyway, I decided to devote this month’s Top 5 List to those books that don’t let us go. So here it is…The Top 5 Signs You’re Reading a Page Turner.
5. You’ve forgotten to brush your teeth for 24 straight hours, and your mouth has more sweaters than a Nordstrom sale rack.
4. Your husband is tired of making Campbell’s chicken and noodle soup for supper.
3. Your kids are still planted in front of the TV, and Nick Jr. is now Nick at Nite.
2. You stop consuming beverages because you don’t have time for potty breaks.
1. Your child asks you a question, and you snap, “Be quiet! Eli and Priscilla are about to kiss!”
If you want to get your hands on Jody’s book and snap at your kids…er, read those pulse-pounding kisses…you can learn more at her website here
What makes a novel a page turner for you? What’s the quickest you’ve ever read a book?
Last week’s Amazon giveaway winner is Debbie! I’ll email your prize this week. =)