Meet and Greet is a regular feature on my blog. Be forewarned…Unlike the typical interview, these brief questions will get to the true heart of my guests…or at least the heart of what’s in their kitchen. Grab a latte (or other beverage of your choice), find a comfy chair, and prepare to make a new friend.
I’m thrilled to welcome Beth Vogt to my blog today! Beth has been a sweet friend who always shares just the right amount of wisdom to leave you feeling inspired. And having just finished her debut novel, I can say her writing lives up that bill too, with plenty of humor mixed in for good measure. (She’s giving away a copy today, so keep reading for details!)
Beth K. Vogt is a non-fiction author and editor who said she’d never write fiction. She’s the wife of an Air Force family physician (now in solo practice) who said she’d never marry a doctor—or anyone in the military. She’s a mom of four who said she’d never have kids. She’s discovered that God’s best often waits behind the doors marked “Never.”
Welcome, Beth! Let’s get to the questions. (And just to warn you, I know you’re a big football fan, so I’ve got a toughie coming for ya. )
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
TEE (aka The Evil Editor, a nickname I embrace with pride because I know it’s said with affection)
1) All-inclusive resort or quaint cabin? I’m picking the quaint cabin because I’m assuming the cabin is secluded and quiet. I’d like to reserve it for the first week in June when all my looming deadlines will be done.
2) Cereal and milk or Eggs and toast? Due to some dietary restrictions, may I please have a warm glass of vanilla soy milk and a hard-boiled egg? (I know, picky, picky, picky. But not by choice, I assure you.)
3) Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning? Yikes! With all due respect to Peyton Manning … let’s just say I am now the proud owner of a Jets jersey with Tebow’s name on it.
4) Dress pants or Sweatpants? Because of my deadlines: sweatpants.
5) Spring or Fall? Fall. Have you ever experienced springtime in the Rockies? It is unpredictable. Cold. Warm. Cold. Snowy. Icy.
6) Take action or Take it as it comes? Depends. OK. You want me to choose. I’m a take action kinda gal.
7) Skittles or M&Ms? Skittles – if I can get them away from my 11-year-old.
Oh boy, Beth, I know all about fighting (I mean, kindly coaxing) kids for candy. And I had no idea springtime in the Rockies was so unpredictable. I guess there’s no putting the parka away until June, huh? Speaking of June, I hope you get some rest time after your deadlines, whether it’s in a quaint cabin or at home.
Thank you for being here today! It was a pleasure to have you.
Allison Denman is supposed to get married in five days, but everything is all wrong. The huge wedding. The frothy dress. And the groom.
Still, kissing the groom’s brother in an unguarded moment is decidedly not the right thing to do. How could she have made such a mistake? It seems Allison’s life is nothing but mistakes at this point. And pulling a “Runaway Bride” complete with stealing, er, borrowing her best friend’s car doesn’t seem to solve her problems.
Can Allison find her way out of this mess? Maybe she just needs to stop orchestrating everything. Allison prefers being the one in control, and giving it up is not going to be easy. But to find her way again, she will have to believe that God has a plan for her and find the strength to let Him lead.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…What’s your favorite thing about spring? Any big plans for when the calendar flips to the month of June? Or if you’re drawing a blank, let’s talk junk food…What’s usually sitting in the candy jar in your house, and who do you have to fight for it?
*Giveaway Details: Beth has offered to give away a copy of Wish You Were Here! All you have to do is leave a comment. (For extra entries, you can Tweet or share this post on Facebook…I’ll add an extra entry for each. Just make sure to mention it in your comment.) Winner will be announced in next Monday’s post. Good luck!
**The winner of last week’s Katie Ganshert giveaway is Andrea Cox! I’ll contact you this week with details.