Meet and Greet is a regular feature on my blog. Be forewarned…Unlike the typical interview, these brief questions will get to the true heart of my guests…or at least the heart of what’s in their kitchen. Grab a latte (or other beverage of your choice), find a comfy chair, and prepare to make a new friend.
I’m honored to welcome Arlene Pellicane here today! I first connected with Arlene through the webzine Ungrind, where we both contribute. I love the way she blends practical health and beauty advice while also challenging women to deepen their relationships with God. And I’m especially excited to read her latest book, 31 Days to a Happy Husband. I mean, what wife doesn’t want that?!
Arlene’s favorite topics to speak on are marriage, parenting, personal growth and motivation. Because of her free spirited, funny husband, she has plenty of good material. Plus her three children keep the stories coming!
Arlene is the author of 31 Days to a Happy Husband, 31 Days to a Younger You, and Losing Weight After Baby. She has appeared on national television on Better, Home Made Simple, The 700 Club, The Hour of Power, and Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah.
Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, Arlene worked as the Associate Producer for Turning Point Television with Dr. David Jeremiah. She has also been an on-air features producer for The 700 Club. Arlene earned her BA from Biola University and her Masters in Journalism from Regent University.
Arlene lives in San Diego with her husband James and their three children, Ethan (7), Noelle (5), and Lucy (2).
Welcome, Arlene! Let’s dive into the questions.
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Happy, enthusiastic, kind, tall, approachable, real, diligent
1) Home Sweet Home or Around the World in 80 Days? That’s really tough. Around the World in 80 Days as long as I could go to Home Sweet Home afterwards.
2) Sushi bar or Steakhouse? Steakhouse. I might be Asian but I don’t like raw fish or other types of sushi very much. Go figure. But I do love a good steak!
3) Sweet routine or Lazy days of summer? Sweet routine. I function well with structure and must have something to do in front of me. If I’m going to have a lazy day, it will still involve a plan of relaxation!
4) Stick to the basics or Frills and ruffles? Stick to the basics. I am really practical! If it’s not useful, why bother?
5) Eggs and toast or Yogurt and granola? Eggs and toast – it’s what I had this morning! I find it more filling than yogurt.
6) Trailblazer or Rule follower? Rule follower married to a trailblazer which equals fights and funny stories!
7) Food Network or HGTV? Neither (don’t hate me). I’m not a good cook and I’m terrible at gardening and home improvement projects. If I had to pick, I’d go for Food Network so I could learn to cook something other grilled chicken (which I am good at!).
Fun answers, Arlene! Grilled chicken is a summer staple around our house, especially since my husband mans the grill and gives me a night off from cooking. And I know all about fights and funny stories in marriage. I tend to be the rule-follower in our house too. You know what they say about opposites…
Thanks so much for being here today!
31 Days to a Happy Husband shows you how to enjoy a DREAM marriage through practical instruction that will meet the deepest needs of your man. Not only will you have a happy husband, but you’ll also have a happy marriage as you strengthen your relationship using the five DREAM keys in the book:
D: Domestic Tranquility – A husband needs a peaceful haven.
R: Respect – A husband needs to be honored in his home.
E: Eros – A husband needs a fulfilling sex life.
A: Attraction – A husband needs to be attracted to his wife.
M: Mutual activities – A husband needs to have fun with his wife.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…How are you and your spouse opposites? Or if you’re single, do you have any close friendships that have developed with someone who is an “opposite” from you? Any fun stories that illustrate your differences?
*Giveaway details: Arlene has offered to give away a copy of 31 Days to a Happy Husband! All you have to do is leave a comment. (For extra entries, you can Tweet or share this post on Facebook…I’ll add an extra entry for each. Just make sure to mention it in your comment.) Winner will be announced in next Monday’s post. Good luck!
**The winner of last week’s Mary Connealy giveaway is Lourdes Montes! I’ll contact you this week with details.