Meet and Greet is a regular feature on my blog. Be forewarned…Unlike the typical interview, these brief questions will get to the true heart of my guests…or at least the heart of what’s in their kitchen. Grab a latte (or other beverage of your choice), find a comfy chair, and prepare to make a new friend.
I am so, so excited to welcome Jody Hedlund here today! Jody has been a blogging friend of mine for a few years now, and I absolutely love her writing. Her third novel just released, and I don’t know how she manages to make each book better than the last but she does. I stayed up well into the night to finish Unending Devotion.
Jody Hedlund is an award-winning historical romance novelist and author of the best-selling book, The Preacher’s Bride. She received a bachelor’s degree from Taylor University and a master’s from the University of Wisconsin, both in Social Work. Currently she makes her home in Michigan with her husband and five busy children. Publishers Weekly called her newest book Unending Devotion, “a meaty tale of life amid the debauchery of the lumber camps of 1880s Michigan . . . exciting and unpredictable to the very end.”
Welcome, Jody! Let’s get straight to the questions….
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Chocolate-lover, coffee-guzzler, avid reader, passionate writer, busy mom and wife.
1) HGTV or Food Network? I’d probably prefer to ooh and aah over food creations, especially recipes that involve chocolate. Even though I’d likely never make the creations myself, one can always dream!
2) Sweet silence or Blessed noise? Sweet silence, especially since I’m constantly surrounded by the blessed noise of my 5 busy children.
3) English countryside or French Riviera? English countryside, especially if it involved sight- seeing in old castles and English manors.
4) Slave away in the kitchen or Call for take-out? Call for take-out! Late afternoons are my writing time, and so some days it’s hard for me to have to stop writing and make dinner. Fortunately, my mom invites us over for dinner a couple nights a week. And my daughter also loves to cook so often pitches in with meals.
5) Mommy chic or Comfy casual? A little bit of both. I like to have occasions to dress up, but since I’m so busy, I usually just grab something and go! (And hope it matches!)
6) Apple cobbler or Chocolate cake? Since I’m a chocolate lover, I’ll have to answer chocolate cake. But . . . in Michigan in the fall, I love getting fresh apples from local orchards. There’s nothing better than the first apple cobbler or crisp of the season.
7) Full steam ahead or Life in the slow lane? While I long for life in the slow lane (especially if it involves reading!), right now my life is definitely full steam ahead.
Fun answers, Jody! I know what you mean about life moving too quickly, despite our best efforts to slow it down. A quiet evening with a book and some of that apple cobbler sounds amazing (after ordering take-out, of course).
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit here this week! I’ve loved having you.
Publishers Weekly calls Unending Devotion: “A meaty tale of life amid the debauchery of the lumber camps of 1880s Michigan . . . exciting and unpredictable to the very end.” When Lily Young’s search for her missing sister leads to Harrison, Michigan, logging camp owner Connell McCormick takes notice. Lily can’t understand why the town’s rampant crime is ignored. Connell figures his own upright living—and earning a profit—is all that matters. Can these two work together to end the corruption and danger that rule Harrison?
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…If you’re ordering take-out, where’s your favorite place to go? Or how about local produce…What’s your favorite fruit that you find nearby and what do you like to make with it?
*Giveaway Details: Jody has offered to give away a copy of Unending Devotion! All you have to do is leave a comment. (For extra entries, you can Tweet or share this post on Facebook…I’ll add an extra entry for each. Just make sure to mention it in your comment.) Winner will be announced in next Monday’s post. Good luck!
**Extra Giveaway Info! My friends Jennifer Hale and Lacie Nezbeth are hosting a massive book giveaway event on their blogs this week. Jody’s book is one of the prizes up for grabs, so hop on over and give yourself an extra chance to win Unending Devotion, as well as several other great Christian reads!
***The winner of last week’s Krista Phillips giveaway is Marney McCall! I’ll contact you this week with details.