I’m in deadline mode this week. Ever been there? We’re talking the stereotypical stick-your-nose-in-your-laptop-and-never-come-up-for-air mode. If you’re a fellow writer and find yourself in the same situation, here are some tips for survival…
5. Put up a dartboard and tape your character’s picture on it. Whenever they give you problems, take a shot at ‘em.
4. Give the Starbucks barista some gas money to deliver java to your office hourly.
3. Listen to techno-dance music while you type. The words may not make sense when you’re done, but at least your fingers moved fast.
2. Disconnect your internet and give the dog your phone.
1. Block out the next month on your calendar to catch up on sleep.
Anybody else know what deadline mode is like? Any tips, practical or not, to share for surviving the madness?
(Forgive me if I don’t respond to comments today…I’m returning to my cave now.)