Meet and Greet is a regular feature on my blog. Be forewarned…Unlike the typical interview, these brief questions will get to the true heart of my guests…or at least the heart of what’s in their kitchen. Grab a latte (or other beverage of your choice), find a comfy chair, and prepare to make a new friend.
I’m so excited to welcome Dani Pettrey today! Can I tell you what a fabulous writer she is? I just finished her debut novel and am pretty much telling everyone I know that they need to read it…It is so good! (And yes, I’m friends with Dani, but my opinion is completely unbiased. :))
Dani Pettrey is a wife, homeschooling mom, and author. She feels blessed to write inspirational romantic suspense because it incorporates so many things she loves–the thrill of adventure, nail biting suspense, the deepening of her characters’ faith, and plenty of romance. She and her husband reside in Maryland with their two teenage daughters. Visit her website at www.danipettrey.com. You can also visit her blog, Twitter page, or Facebook Author Page.
Welcome, Dani! Now on to the questions…
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Wife, mom, Christian, writer, daydreamer, beach-lover, coffee-drinker. Hope hyphenated words count
1) Andes Mountains or The Alps? The Alps. I love Europe.
2) Full steam ahead or Life in the slow lane? Does somewhere in between count? I usually go pretty full steam ahead, but there are certainly days I wouldn’t mind life in the slow lane.
3) Better Homes and Gardens or ESPN Magazine? ESPN. We love international soccer with a passion. Go FCBarca!
4) Mommy chic or Comfy casual? Comfy casual. I’m all about comfy.
5) Chocolate cake or Carrot cake? Chocolate. It’s my favorite food
6) Shop til you drop or Shop only if necessary? It depends. If I have plenty of funds and I’m shopping for something fun, then shop until I drop. If it’s grocery shopping, trust me it is only because it’s necessary.
7) Rock climbing or Skydiving? (since I know you incorporate adventure in your novels) Rock climbing. I tried it while researching an earlier manuscript and fell in love with it.
I wish I was brave enough to try rock climbing or sky diving, Dani, but I’ve gotta admit…I’m a wimp. I’m totally with you on the chocolate thing, though. And I do love a good game on ESPN, although my choice tends to lean toward football or tennis. Does your family blow one of those airhorns in your living room like they do at the soccer games? It always sounds like there’s a hive of bees living in my TV when I watch the World Cup.
Thanks so much for visiting today! I’m anxiously awaiting Book 2, so I’ll be stalking–I mean, keeping an eye out for when it releases.
A sabotaged plane. Two dead deep-water divers. One single clue.
Bailey Craig vowed never to set foot in Yancey, Alaska, again. She has a past, and a reputation–and Yancey’s a town that doesn’t forget. She’s returned only to bury a loved one killed in the plane crash, but then dark evidence emerges and Bailey’s own expertise becomes invaluable for the case.
Cole McKenna can face dangerous rescue dives. He can face the fear a murderer may be threatening his town. But facing the reality of Bailey’s reappearance is a tougher challenge. She broke his heart… but doesn’t seem to be the same girl who left Yancey ten years ago. And he’s not the same guy she left behind.
Racing against the clock and a rising body count, Bailey and Cole must move beyond the hurts of their pasts to work together until the truth of what is hidden in the depths finally surfaces.
Blog Readers: Let’s Talk…Are you an adventure seeker? What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done? Any sports fans out there? If you could go to a professional soccer match, would you take an airhorn or earplugs?
*Giveaway Details: Dani has offered to give away a copy of Submerged! All you have to do is leave a comment. (For extra entries, you can Tweet or share this post on Facebook…I’ll add an extra entry for each. Just make sure to mention it in your comment.) Winner will be announced in next Monday’s post. Good luck!
**The winner of last week’s Naomi Rawlings giveaway is Vera Godley! I’ll contact you this week with details.